mailx <-> smail incompatibilities

Prentiss Riddle riddle at woton.UUCP
Wed Apr 13 03:32:46 AEST 1988

Thanks to the several people who suggested the "set sendmail=/bin/mail"
fix (or "set sendmail=/bin/smail", which some preferred).  Mailx's
behavior in this instance is not that illogical -- if only it were
properly documented in the man page!

As for my second problem (mailx getting confused by "(John Doe)"
usernames in "From:" lines), I kluged a workaround by removing the code
to generate said usernames from our local version of smail.  The change
is pretty simple, but if anyone wants it I'd be happy to share.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
-- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
-- riddle%woton.uucp at cs.utexas.edu  {ihnp4,uunet}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle