kermit

Joseph C. Morris jcmorris at mitre-bedford.ARPA
Wed Apr 13 00:21:23 AEST 1988

In article <715 at btnix.UUCP> crouch at btnix.UUCP (Chris Rouch) writes:
>                         Kermit seems to manage the first 2 packets but then
>keeps retrying until it gives up. I've tried altering things like packet size
>and end of line character, but this hasn't helped.

I've never had any problem with KERMIT transfers as long as I remember to
set up the parity properly (use the sample MSKERMIT.INI file definition
of the 'DEC' macro:  timer off, parity none, flow x, hand no, local off.
Most of my problems occur when I'm trying to run over a link which forces
the parity bit to a specific value.  The usual result, however, is a stalled
file transfer, not retry packets.

I've normally used 2.29 or 2.30 in the PC, and an ancient VMS Kermit 3.1.066.

Joe Morris