errno question

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Fri Dec 16 06:49:04 AEST 1988

>/* Convergent Error Returns */
>#define EDEADLOCK 56	/* file locking deadlock error		*/

Yup, that's in S5R3.1's <sys/errno.h> too, with the same comment; I'd
just done a quick "grep" and didn't see the "Convergent" stuff.

>And the corresponding man page only talks about EDEADLK being related
>to file locking.  EDEADLOCK is not mentioned.  I would guess that EDEADLOCK
>is cruft left around from a Convergent port.

I would agree.  It's probably in AT&T's releases as a left-over from the
days of the 7300/3B1, which was a Convergent box.  I hope CTIX now uses
EDEADLK; I would suspect they do.