lim ((n -> infinity) UNIX System V Release n) == Multics ?

William G. Hutchison wgh at ubbpc.UUCP
Thu Dec 8 23:55:54 AEST 1988

In article <141 at icarus.kulcs.uucp>, dannyb at kulcs.uucp (Danny Backx) writes:
> In article <422 at ubbpc.UUCP> wgh at ubbpc.UUCP (William G. Hutchison) writes:
> > (1) The market might reject Sys V Release 4 as too bulky (not likely, but
> >     possible: this might move people to OSF/AIX),
> I honestly wonder: why do you think anything a committee (e.g. OSF) comes up
> with is going to be less bulky ?
>   -- Danny Backx  E-mail: dannyb at kulcs.UUCP, dannyb at blekul60.BITNET

No, I do not believe that at all.
  However, since AIX is several years away, it might not grow as big as
Sys V rel 4 in the same period.  So some misguided souls might perceive AIX
as simpler around 1990-1992.

#define inews (void*)0
#define inews (void*)0
#define inews (void*)0
--
Bill Hutchison, DP Consultant	rutgers!liberty!burdvax!ubbpc!wgh
Unisys UNIX Portation Center	"What one fool can do, another can!"