snapshot and capture phenomena

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Sun Dec 4 20:42:45 AEST 1988

>This week I had just completed a unix command and was viewing the file
>sent to the screen. Without realising it , I must have touched a key board
>key to get a command or statement just below the screen;I noticed the
>words "taking a snapshot". What is this? And what really happened?

As few, if any, people reading your message have any idea what kind of
machine you're on, or what kind of terminal you're using, it's unlikely
that any of them can answer your question.  That's not a standard
feature of UNIX; it could be that your terminal takes those snapshots,
or that you're running under some window system that does so.