snapshot and capture phenomena

AED-EWD gyounger at ardec.arpa
Thu Dec 1 00:12:02 AEST 1988

Here are a couple things that have puzzled me. Hope you have an
explanation.

This week I had just completed a unix command and was viewing the file
sent to the screen. Without realising it , I must have touched a key board
key to get a command or statement just below the screen;I noticed the
words "taking a snapshot". What is this? And what really happened? On another
occasion,I experienced the following while working with my unix file:again
by accidently hitting a key,which one I don't know,the area just below the
screen in the black and white area turned green and I found myself in the
capture mode.What key did I hit accidently to do this?

----- End of forwarded messages