88K table walk

Michael Lodman jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Sat Dec 3 02:53:34 AEST 1988

According to Motorola, the 88200 CMMU does not cache the page and
segment descriptors it fetches during a table walk. This would seem
to me to have a negative impact on performance. Is this standard
practise for table walks, and if not why did Motorola do it that way?
John Mashey, perhaps you could tell me if MIPS does this.

Michael Lodman  (619) 485-3335
Advanced Development NCR Corporation E&M San Diego
mike.lodman at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM
{sdcsvax,cbatt,dcdwest,nosc.ARPA}!ncr-sd!ivory!jml

When you die, if you've been very, very good, you'll go to ... Montana.