88K table walk

Michael Lodman jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM
Tue Dec 6 02:48:13 AEST 1988

In article <1583 at nud.UUCP> tom at nud.UUCP (Tom Armistead) writes:
>In article <415 at ncr-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>>According to Motorola, the 88200 CMMU does not cache the page and
>>segment descriptors it fetches during a table walk.
>
>    Wrong! The 88200 does cache page descriptors.

Mr. Armistead of Motorola, please re-read the question and try to answer
it this time. I'm not asking you if the translated real addresses are
maintained in the PATC, I'm asking if the data from the two fetches done
during the table walk are placed in the d/i cache. If not, why not?

Michael Lodman  (619) 485-3335
Advanced Development NCR Corporation E&M San Diego
mike.lodman at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM
{sdcsvax,cbatt,dcdwest,nosc.ARPA}!ncr-sd!ivory!jml

When you die, if you've been very, very good, you'll go to ... Montana.