relationship between uucico and stty

Michael R. Johnston mikej at tfli.UUCP
Sat Dec 10 05:34:58 AEST 1988

In article <139 at cmtl01.UUCP> mdorion at cmtl01.UUCP (Mario Dorion) writes:

>Suppose machine A is calling machine B with uucico. The stty parameters of the
>B side of the line will be set according to the /etc/gettydefs entry correspon-
>ding to the /etc/inittab line for that tty port.
>
>My question is: What does set the stty parameters for the calling side???

I would think that uucico would set its own tty parameters on the calling and
called machines. I.E. the master uucico sets its own paramters and makes the
call. On the receiving end, as soon as the login session is initiated uucico is
invoked as the shell. THe first (or one of the first) thing it does is set
tty modes. No?

--
---
                Michael R. Johnston - @NET: mikej at cpmain.uucp
...{cmcl2!phri!,uunet!}dasys1!cpmain!mikej || ...!philabs!mergvax!cpmain!mikej