Mach OS - NeXT computer

john ralls jrll at Portia.Stanford.EDU
Thu Dec 8 13:52:47 AEST 1988

In article <17735 at adm.BRL.MIL> worms-emh1.army.mil>@adm.BRL.MIL writes:
>I am considering the purchase of a UN*X mini called NeXT.  It runs a BSD4.3
>compatable OS known as Mach.  Does anyone have any experiance either with the
>machine or the Mach OS?  If so, any recommendations, remarks, observations,
>etc. would be appreciated.

First, you're not likely to get a NeXT.  Their plan is to sell only to
selected Universities, and the Army doesn't qualify.  They _may_
have a commercial version out in a year or two; Jobs has been evasive
about that so far.  Too bad, it seems from press accounts to be a nice
box.

Second, unless one of the Beta testers sees this, no one will be able to
relate any real experience, since NeXT won't ship until spring.

Why don't you get a Sun?

John