UNIX Problem?

Usenet file owner usenet at cps3xx.UUCP
Wed Dec 7 04:57:46 AEST 1988

in article <17721 at adm.BRL.MIL>, lclaudio at wnyosi2.arpa (Lester Claudio) says:

>  To all,
> 	I've been getting this message for the past week on our
> console, it reads "text: table is full".

Welcome to the Wunnerful World of Sun!  What you are seeing is
indicitive of running out of space in certain kernel tables.
Fix is to up the MAXUSERS configuration parameter in the
/sys/conf/GENERIC or /sys/conf/[insert your machine name here] file,
and re-make the kernel.  This process is dealt with in the Sun
Administration manual under "Reconfiguring the Kernel", or some such.

All our machines are set to "maxusers	16", and while this does not
really mean that the maximum number of users we can have on our machines
is 16, it is used to set aside space in the kernel for data.

Feel free to mail me direct if you need help.

RR.

Robert Raisch - TechnoJunkie & UnixNut| UseNet: {uunet,mailrus}!frith!raisch
Network Software Group-301 Comp.Center| InterNet: raisch at frith.egr.msu.edu
Michigan State University, E. Lansing | ICBMNet: 084 28 50 W / 42 43 29 N