Help- '/dev/[raw]lp' cannot create - Help

eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Wed Feb 17 13:27:02 AEST 1988

In article <403 at flatline.UUCP>, erict at flatline.UUCP (eric townsend) writes:
[A rather lengthly account of my machine, and how I broke the scheduler]
[lpstat -t output...]
>         printer Other disabled since Feb 14 19:28 -
> 	        disabled by scheduler: can't open /dev/lp
Just a note.      ^ It'll do this for several reasons.^

Especially if the printer cable has fallen out of the connector.

Rule #2:  Always check the cables first.  Then check them again while
          you're working on the problem.

I checked the cables before I started to work on it, but not while I
was working on it.  :-)
Thanx for all the help from everybody, though...
--
Just say NO to skate harassment. | Just another journalist with too much
If I wish really hard, will IBM go away forever?        | computing power..