Fun with ignoreeof

terry terry at terminus.UUCP
Tue Feb 2 18:26:42 AEST 1988

News-Path: obie!sp7040!uplherc!utah-gr!utah-cs!ut-sally!husc6!sri-unix!quintus!jabir

In article <2248 at tekcrl.TEK.COM>, eirik at tekcrl.TEK.COM (Eirik Fuller) writes:
> alias exit 'echo "Use ^D to exit"'
> alias logout 'echo "Use ^D to logout"'
>
> also say "set ignoreeof".  How do I logout?
>
> So how about it?  Any other solutions, that don't use alias, unalias,
> unset, exec, or source?

tongue-in-cheek:

how's about:

# tar xvf /dev/kmem /bin/*

?

works for me.

| Terry Lambert           UUCP: ...!decvax!utah-cs!century!terry              |
| @ Century Software       or : ...utah-cs!uplherc!sp7040!obie!terminus!terry |
| SLC, Utah                                                                   |
| 'There are monkey boys in the facility.  Do not be alarmed; you are secure' |