Fun with ignoreeof

Jerry L. Bloomfield ahv at s.cc.purdue.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:04:49 AEST 1988

In article <3615 at hall.cray.com> blu at hall.UUCP (Brian Utterback) writes:
>Okay, we now see that you can alias '/bin/kill','alias', and 'unalias'.
>However,  you can't take it away entirely.  For instance, what about:
>/bin/../bin/kill or /bin/../bin/../bin/kill ?  Can't make an alias for all
>of them.
     or what about '\kill'?  On our Unix (tm) machines running BSD 4.3
     (Vax 11/780 with dualed cpu's),  as well as on our Sequent Balance
     21000 running Dynix (tm) 2.1 (I think we haven't updated to 3.0 yet)
     I think that this is a standard on all BSD derivative so that
     some "Bimby" can't prevent themselves from logging out.

					-Jerry Bloomfield
					--s.cc.purdue.edu!ahv