Honeydanber on Microport

John Gayman john at wa3wbu.UUCP
Sun Feb 7 13:14:54 AEST 1988

    I am running Honeydanber UUCP on Microport 2.3U. I recently
installed it in preparation of installing a Telebit Trailblazer modem.
I was depressed to find after attempting to install the modem that the
version of HDB that they provide does not recognize the Dialers file.
This makes installing the modem a pain. One must hack the expect/send
sequences in Systems to config the modem for each call. I've waded
through this and have the modem working fine. But this "feature" of
this version of HDB makes changes and system additions needlessly
complex. With the Dialers file, its much simpler.

    Does anyone know of a newer version of HDB for Microport thats
updated to utilize Dialers ???

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: wa3wbu!john at uunet.UU.NET