purchasing

Daniel Wynalda danielw at wynalda.UUCP
Thu Feb 11 04:31:27 AEST 1988

I am looking for a new unix system.  I am going to purchase a system
that supports 32 users at the moment and will be capable of running 64
to 128 users without serious degradation.  Most of the users will be
running Business Basic functions and a few will be doing C development,
word processing, or news browsing.  I would prefer a System V Unix
system, but am open to suggestion.  Could I please have input, both good
and bad on anyone running this type of system at the moment.  I would
like input from regular users, rather than promises from salesmen.  Any
input is appreciated.

Also, if anyone is familiar with the ICON 4000 or ALTOS 2000 machines, I
would appreciate input on how they like the systems.  I would like as
much help from the net as possible because the expertise lies here.

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.