Fun with ignoreeof

Larry Philps larry at hcr.UUCP
Fri Feb 12 00:01:19 AEST 1988

In article <2248 at tekcrl.TEK.COM> eirik at crl.TEK.COM (Eirik Fuller) writes:
>This is not intended to do much beyond amuse, but ...
>
>I have the following two lines in .cshrc:
>
>alias exit 'echo "Use ^D to exit"'
>alias logout 'echo "Use ^D to logout"'
>
>They are there only as a joke, but they got me thinking.  Suppose I
>also say "set ignoreeof".  How do I logout?  No fair using unset or
>unalias or alias -- they give any number of obvious two-liners.  Can
>I do it with a one-liner? (Using ";" is cheating too :-).

How about:
	eval exit
or	eval logout
or	stty 0
or	login
or	kill -1 $$

There's five quick ones.
-----
Larry Philps                             HCR Corporation
130 Bloor St. West, 10th floor           Toronto, Ontario.  M5S 1N5
(416) 922-1937                           {utzoo,utcsri,decvax,ihnp4}!hcr!larry