Can any kind soul tell me how to get vn working?

uucp rroot at edm.UUCP
Thu Feb 18 21:10:59 AEST 1988

>From article <623 at csm9a.UUCP>, by ngorelic at csm9a.UUCP (Bamf):
> In article <701 at pasteur.Berkeley.Edu>, schung at cory.Berkeley.EDU (Stephen the Greatest) writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 	I just compiled the version of vn I got from comp.sources.unix
>> 	Every time I runs it, it says, "No news".  Seems that it is not
>> 	connecting to the server or something...  Anything I did wrong?
>>
>> 					- Stephen
The problem is in the way that vn reads the .newsrc file (and the command
options). vn -n comp.sources will ONLY read the newsgroup comp.sources and NOT
comp.sources.{d,unix,etc...} . You will have to change your .newsrc file from
something like
options -n comp news local general
  to:
options -n comp.all news.all local.all general
You will have to do the same thing when you give newsgroup pars to the
vn program.
  READ THE MANUAL PAGE for more information... (I was as confused as hell,
until I did so...).
--
 Stephen Samuel
  or userzxcv at uqv-mts.bitnet