Can any kind soul tell me how to get vn working?

kirk reiser kirk at braille.UWO.CDN
Wed Feb 17 23:54:50 AEST 1988

In article <623 at csm9a.UUCP> ngorelic at csm9a.UUCP (Bamf) writes:
>In article <701 at pasteur.Berkeley.Edu>, schung at cory.Berkeley.EDU (Stephen the Greatest) writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 	I just compiled the version of vn I got from comp.sources.unix
>> 	Every time I runs it, it says, "No news".  Seems that it is not
>> 	connecting to the server or something...  Anything I did wrong?
>>
>> 					- Stephen
>   Do you have an accessable .newsrc file?
>    (just a thought, I couldn't get mine working at all.)

Not only did I need a .newsrc file but an options line was also necessary
I used "options -n all" but I suspect it could be any groups of interest.
If you are also compiling inews there must be an active, log, and history
files in the news spool directory.  Well the news library directory anyway!
It can be pretty confusing.

  Kirk

	Kirk Reiser			The Computer Braille Facility
phone:	519-661-3061			University of Western Ontario
email:	kirk at braille.uwo.cdn		rm-H045 Health Sciences Addition
bitnet:	kirk at braille.uwocc1.bitnet	London, Ont. N6A 5C1