online notebook requested

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Sat Feb 6 05:29:34 AEST 1988

   From: Mark Ikemoto <marki at hpiacla.HP.COM>

   For example, as I'm typing away on the terminal and I need to do a
   subdirectory-to-subdirectory copy, I ask myself, what was that
   dang-blasted option for cp to do this and how do I specify the subdir
   names (e.g., ./tools/* ? , ./tools/ ? , ./tools ?).  I type:

I dunno what flavor you're running (HP/UX?), but if it has csh then you
might consider getting tcsh and running that. It has a help key, where
after you type 'foo^H' it looks for foo.help in a specified directory.
I chop some manual pages up so they fit on one screen and voila.

Even if it doesn't help you, somebody else might benefit. Good luck.

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
Excuse me, but didn't I tell you there's NO HOPE for the
 survival of OFFSET PRINTING?