Honeydanber on Microport

terry terry at wsccs.UUCP
Sat Feb 27 20:07:55 AEST 1988

In article <10 at vsi.UUCP>, sullivan at vsi.UUCP (Michael T Sullivan) writes:
> In article <10060 at tycho.UUCP>, lyndon at tycho.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
> > Does anyone know why Microport doesn't provide the 'HDB' version of
> > cu, or if there's a difference?
>
> The difference is that the HDB version should know how to work with uugetty.
> Don't know why they don't, though.  All I can get out of them is "It's
> public domain software and we don't support it."

Microport doesn't need uugetty to do what HDB is needed for... callin/callout
on the same physical port.  See SIO(7) of your system manual for details.

| Terry Lambert           UUCP: ...!decvax!utah-cs!century!terry              |
| @ Century Software       or : ...utah-cs!uplherc!sp7040!obie!wsccs!terry    |
| SLC, Utah                                                                   |
|                   These opinions are not my companies, but if you find them |
|                   useful, send a $20.00 donation to Brisbane Australia...   |
| 'There are monkey boys in the facility.  Do not be alarmed; you are secure' |