Honeydanber on Microport

Robert Halloran rkh at mtune.ATT.COM
Fri Feb 12 23:45:49 AEST 1988

In article <10061 at tycho.UUCP> lyndon at tycho.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>In article <10060 at tycho.UUCP>, lyndon at tycho.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) writes:
>>
>> It seems to me that HDB still uses /usr/lib/uucp/Dialers. All you
>				                   ^^^^^^^
>> should have to do is create an entry in dialers for the telebit
>> (see dialers(5) in the programmers manual). Note that you would need
>> to do this anyway if you want cu(1) to be able to dial the modem.
>>
>> Does anyone know why Microport doesn't provide the 'HDB' version of
>> cu, or if there's a difference?
>>
>> --lyndon   {alberta,utzoo}!ncc!lyndon
>
>Naturally, I meant to say '/usr/lib/uucp/dialinfo' is used by HDB...

If they're not using 'Dialers' to provide the per-modem chat scripts,
then they're are NOT running standard HDB.  Standard lookup sequence
is Systems -> Devices -> Dialers & Dialcodes.  If this isn't what
they're doing, they've been hacking it for some reason.

Yes, 'cu' IS different for HDB, since it needs to use the same lookup
procedure as uucp/uucico to determine how to reach a particular system
or address a particular modem to dial out.

						Bob Halloran
						Distributed Programming
						  Tools Group
Bang-ist: {ATT-ACC, rutgers}!mtune!rkh		DDD: (201)957-6034
At-ist:   rkh at mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: AT&T IS Labs, 200 Laurel Ave Rm 3G-314 Middletown NJ 07748
Disclaimer: If you believe I'm speaking for anyone but myself,
		you're sadly mistaken.
Quote: "Good morning, the Russians still beating the pants off us in space?"
		-- Opus to Oliver, "Bloom County"