Calculators

Michael I. Bushnell mike at turing.UNM.EDU
Sat Feb 27 10:12:03 AEST 1988

In article <12002 at brl-adm.ARPA> roberts at icst-cmr.arpa (John Roberts) writes:

>Are there ANY calculator utilities that will run under Unix (4.3)
>that support FLOATING POINT operations? Maybe even transcendental
>functions? I'm tired of the ones that only work with integers.

Try bc(1).  If the first thing you say is "scale=10", then you get
10 digit precision.  You can set scale pretty high; I am not sure
what the upper limit is.

				Michael I. Bushnell
				Internet: mike at turing.unm.edu
				UUCP: mike at turing.unm.edu
				Bitnet: mike at turing.unm.edu
				CSnet: mike at turing.unm.edu
				YourFavoriteNet: mike at turing.unm.edu
			Golly, don't domains make everything simpler?
For peoply who run UUCP but haven't switched over to smail *yet*, you
can try {ucbvax,gatech}!unmvax!turing!mike.

Or write:
  {Box 295, Coronado Hall} or {Computer Science, Farris Engineering Center}
  University of New Mexico
  Albuquerque, NM 87131
Or call:
  (505)277- [2992=dorm][6116=work]

I work for the CS department.  But don't blame them.