Curses & Terminfo

Chris Calabrese[rs] cjc at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com
Tue Feb 16 02:46:56 AEST 1988

In article <465 at minya.UUCP>, jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) writes:

> Presumably you must edit some ascii source and then run some
> command to build the binary file, but I've been unable to find
> any description of how to do it in the manuals.  This terminal
> is sorta like a vt100, except it has more lines.  I'm using a
> vt100 entry, which works, but there are those unused lines that
> I'd like to use.

The command you're talking about is called tic(1M), or
terminfo compiler.  Also take a look at captoinfo(1M) which converts
from termcap entries to terminfo entries, and at infocmp(1M), which prints
out the ascii version of the compiled terminfo entries.

	Chris Calabrese
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	ulysses!cjc