Packet size & number of windows in UUCP

Ron Heiby heiby at mcdchg.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 06:03:04 AEST 1988

Carl S. Gutekunst (csg at pyramid.UUCP) writes:
> And any site that has
> a source license can compile it for a neighboring site that has only a binary
> license, and give them the binary.

I think that this should be checked before being acted upon.  Once upon a time,
I asked about doing just such a thing.  (It was even in the context of UUCP!)
The answer I got was that the source site must have a Binary Redistribution
Agreement (called "Customer Provisions", I believe, whatever that means) with
AT&T in order to distribute binaries derived from licensed software.  Not only
that, but said source site would be liable to AT&T for an additional binary
royalty, even if the recipient of the program already had a copy from a
different vendor and had already paid a binary royalty.

I haven't kept track of AT&T's licensing policies and am not a lawyer.
I'm just suggesting that you check before getting into trouble.
--
Ron Heiby, heiby at mcdchg.UUCP	Moderator: comp.newprod & comp.unix
"Intel architectures build character."