Can any kind soul tell me how to get vn working?

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.UUCP
Sun Feb 21 06:20:54 AEST 1988

In article <623 at csm9a.UUCP>, ngorelic at csm9a.UUCP (Bamf) writes:
> In article <701 at pasteur.Berkeley.Edu>, schung at cory.Berkeley.EDU (Stephen the Greatest) writes:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I just compiled the version of vn I got from comp.sources.unix
> > 	Every time I runs it, it says, "No news".  Seems that it is not
> > 	connecting to the server or something...  Anything I did wrong?
> > 					- Stephen

That would be the message one would get on an empty system (i.e., one you just
compiled News for) and either had no .newsrc file, or a .newsrc file without
the line:
		options -n all
in it.  What I do is simply:

$ echo options -n all >.newsrc