Manual connecting with Honey Danbar

Larry Dighera root at conexch.UUCP
Wed Jan 27 01:26:44 AEST 1988

In article <461 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

>   I just recently converted my system to Honey Danbar UUCP from normal
>UUCP. For occasional debugging and playing around, I came to rely
>heavily on the /usr/lib/uucp/uusub command for issue immediate
>connections to various systems. What command or series of commands
>could I use under HDB that would provide the same feature ?  I've used
>Uutry and it does about what I want but is accompanied by screens full
>of debugging information. I would just like to quietly and simply issue
>a manual "poll" of a system. Any ideas ??  Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the uusub command, but it is a simple matter to
poll another site manually.  Just use uucico like this:

	/usr/lib/uucp/uucico -r1 -sSITENAME

where SITENAME is the name of the site you wish to poll.  Use the -x9
option to get maximum debugging information if you need it.

Larry Dighera

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)