vi vs emacs in a student enviro

The Mad Merkin Hunter jlh at loral.UUCP
Wed Jul 13 02:29:27 AEST 1988

In article <1045 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>There does not exist a decent editor on UNIX, or for that matter any other
>system I have ever used.

I have to agree with this.  In order for an editor to be any good it has
to be able to put the characters into my file without any intervention
from me.   This will give it a grade of 'C'.  For a 'B' grade it has to
do what I want it to do, not what I tell it.  The only decent editor I've
ever used was in grade school, in a 'home' environment running the 'family'
OS.  There I used 'mother' as an editor with very few complaints.

								Jim

--
Jim Harkins
Loral Instrumentation, San Diego