Real-time UNIX - what is it & who h

Rick Schneider rick at vsi1.UUCP
Fri Jul 1 01:11:54 AEST 1988

>From article <8188 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, by gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ):
> In article <745 at vsi1.UUCP> rick at vsi1.UUCP (Rick Schneider) writes:
>>The only problem with GOULD's RT-UNIX is that it is only intended to
>>run on GOULD machines.
>
> Does this somehow surprise you?  What IS your point?

The point is that if you want GOULD's RT-UNIX, you'll have to buy a GOULD
Powernode or NP series machine to run it on.

GOULD has in the past sold source licenses for all of its flavors of UNIX, so
I guess that the source for it RT-UNIX will also be available.  If you have a
large budget and like hacking the kernal, buy a low-end Powernode with a
UTX/32-RT source license, and port it wherever you would like.

I worked for GOULD-CSD for several years and from my experience, their
implementations have been excellent, support is above average, and pricing
is in line with the rest of the industry.

--
                  Rick Schneider       ...pyramid!vsi1!rick
VICOM SYSTEMS, INC.; 2520 Junction Avenue, San Jose, Ca, 95134, (408) 432-8660

  The  opinions  expressed  are  not  those  of  my  employer  or  are  they?