vi vs emacs in a student environment

Ron Natalie ron at topaz.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 6 09:00:18 AEST 1988

Since I graduaged college, I've worked on UNIX at a large Defense Contractor
using UNIX for software quality assurance, a Government Research Laboratory
doing computer science research, and now working in management of a University
wide computer center for the State University.  In each environment, the
editor of preference was EMACS.  Demonstrating a proficiency in vi shows little
to me as the the candidate's qualifications and lends me to believe that
the applicant is a candy-assed 3B2 luser.

Even died-in-the-wool Doug Gwyn prefers using a real editor to "vi."

-Ron