vi vs emacs in a student environment

James Brister brister at td2cad.intel.com
Wed Jul 6 14:42:57 AEST 1988

In article <449 at jonlab.UUCP> jon at jonlab.UUCP (Jon H. LaBadie) writes:
         .
         .
         .
>The same argument is valid for edlin in the MS_DOS world (did I
>really say that word ;-)?).  You may not prefer edlin, but you
>should know how to use it.
>
>Jon LaBadie,
>Education Staff Manager,
>AUXCO / CBIS
>{att, ulysses, princeton}!jonlab!jon

edlin? EDLIN????? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Let me calm down for a minute..... Few! I
thought for a minute you were talking about edlin the "editor" that comes with
MS-DOS. Nobody, and I mean absolutely no-bod-y I know knows eldin. You couldn't
have mean't edlin, could you?   8^))  <-- double chin-grin (See: Ed Meese)

James Brister
brister at td2cad.intel.com