Unix database accessable via C.

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Tue Jun 7 01:59:35 AEST 1988

In article <540 at ritcv.UUCP>, jjv3345 at ritcv.UUCP (Drool Rockworm) writes:
> Folks,
>
>  I am in the midst of a good sized project that will require some simple
>  database manipulation.  Are there any standard Unix, or Unix PD database
>  packages available that have libraries of functions that can be called from
>  A Unix C program?  Thanks in advance.

SoftFocus (1343 Stanbury Dr, Oakville, ON CANADA L6L 2J5  (416)825-0903)
offers inexpensive ISAM and BTREE functions.  They work with variable
length records, are distributed in source code and they work.  Even
the comments in the code are entertaining.  I highly recommend they
if this is the stuff you need.  Something like $150 for all the stuff
(you can buy parts only) and no royalties for redistribution.

--
Phil    uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl