RCS and SCCS

Doug Gullett wdg at unccvax.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 23:05:42 AEST 1988

The learning curve for using RCS effectively is probably easier that SCCS.
I say that since the total number of commands related to RCS is about 6 or
7 (in my personal experence only 2 or 3 are used regularly).  When my previous
employer did an evaluation of the two, it was decided that a few manual pages
would bring programmers up to speed on RCS while whole volumes are written
about the use of SCCS.

The standard MAKE program understands SCCS and not RCS.  This one limitation
is solved by intelligent setup of the makefile dependencies.

			Doug Gullett
			University of NC at Charlotte

#include <standard disclaimers>