DEC hardware manuals

The Beach Bum haugj at pigs.UUCP
Sat Jun 18 02:10:09 AEST 1988

In article <11990 at mimsy.UUCP>, chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
> (Ah well: we already have our revenge :-) , as the RISC machines sweep
> past DEC while DEC's marketing dithers.  If they had brought out their
> RISC [nicknamed Titan, I believe] four years ago, they might have the
> lead.)
> --
> In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 7163)

The world is already having their revenge on DEC.  Micros and superMicros
are sweeping way past DEC.  They are losing market share to Sun's and
Apollo's, which are little more than souped up PC's.

As for the Titan, (you did notice the Followup-To:, right? ;-), I had
heard the following rumors: (these are _just_ rumors, remember)

	Venus - superVax - turned out to be the VaxCluster
	Jupiter - new 36 bit machine - got dropped with DECSystem 20
	Titan - Cray-caliber 36 bit machine - dropped same as Jupiter

Did I miss some of the rumors while I was gone???

- John.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh at rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune