Trusting operating systems: vendor or university?

John F. Haugh II haugj at pigs.UUCP
Sat Jun 11 04:44:06 AEST 1988

In article <2737 at ttrdc.UUCP>, levy at ttrdc.UUCP (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
> Would you care to give some case histories showing how you found this to
> be so?

Heck, I'll give you some case histories to show how it happens ;-)

I worked for a company where I was very close to both the customers, as
in customer support, and very close to the Big Bosses [ sorry, no more
details, we get netnews at work ].  It was my job to get the customers
off of the boss's back as fast as possible.  Which frequently meant
finding a very fast workaround which might have only had a life
expectancy of three or four days.

- John.
--
 The Beach Bum                                 Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers
 UUCP: ...!killer!rpp386!jfh                          jfh at rpp386.uucp :SMAILERS

 "You are in a twisty little maze of UUCP connections, all alike" -- fortune