7300 to 3b2

Peter J. Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Wed Mar 2 01:07:40 AEST 1988

In article <3504 at killer.UUCP> bobc at killer.UUCP (Bob Calbridge) writes:
|We have seven 7300's attached to a 3B2 via standard serial lines.  Normal
|communication is done through the "cu" command.  However, since these
|7300's are used by students, we are trying to devise a way do some file
|exchanging without having the students become too involved in the workings
|of unix.  We tried using "uucp" and at first the problem was an improper
|system name in the PC's L.sys file.  Having taken care of that we tried
|again.  This time we received no error message but the file didn't show
|up in the 3B2.  The question is if there is a way to track where the
|file went, if anywhere.  We need some help.  Please point us in the
|right direction.

Bob,

send to the 3B2, where
	<filename> is the file on the 7300,
	<sysname> id the 3B2's name,
and	<login> is the user's login.

Then have the user type
	"tail -f /usr/spool/uucp/LOGFILE"
and watch the progress of the call and xfr.  Next, the user should logon
to the 3B2, and use "uupick" to retrieve his files from the public
directory.

3B2-->7300 requires issuing a uucp command from the 7300.

Watchout for file and directory permisssions!  The file to be xfrd must
be r for all, and the directory that it resides in must be rx for all.

--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334