Auto-repeat in CBREAK mode

der Mouse mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Sun Mar 13 13:29:57 AEST 1988

In article <1001 at maccs.UUCP>, gordan at maccs.UUCP (gordan) writes:
> In CBREAK mode, auto-repeating of depressed keys seems to be
> disabled.  Can a program use CBREAK mode and yet still turn on or
> fake auto-repeat?  We're talking 4.3 BSD here.

Autorepeat normally happens in the terminal itself.  Nothing the
computer does should have any effect whatever on autorepeat working or
not working.  If you want, send me mail with details of your equipment
(what computer, what terminal, are you running 4.3 from Berkeley or
some vendor derivative, etc) and I'll try to guess what's going on.

					der Mouse

			uucp: mouse at mcgill-vision.uucp
			arpa: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu