Neat little .newsrc fixer-upper.

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Wed May 4 05:53:54 AEST 1988

   here's why.  this is the vmstat output for my home machine.  the most
   notable number is forks.  in general i avoid unix utilities once i
   understand the problem.  fixrc is less grief on the machine.

     407925 page cache hits
     205559 page cache misses
	408 procs swapped in
	410 procs swapped out
     205559 filesystem page reads
       8299 swap area page reads
       6897 swap area page writes
     163937 pages reclaimed from free list
    1170660 pages shared due to copy-on-write fork
      10621 pages shared due to cache hits
     958036 shared pages copied
   75682332 page faults
   13423894 cpu context switches
   121472501 (non clock) device interrupts
    3174741 traps
   76000468 system calls
     137024 forks

And the worst part is, his machine's only been up for three minutes!

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	Yow!  It's a hole all the way to downtown Burbank!