Is ksh in public domain?

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed May 4 05:01:42 AEST 1988

In article <12142 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> lvc at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
| In article <295 at cmtl01.UUCP> mdorion at cmtl01.UUCP (Mario Dorion) writes:
| >I would Like to know if the korn shell is in the public domain in any way.
|
| No.  The source code from AT&T will cost you somewhere around $25,000.
| You can get binaries for around $150 from various VARs.  See UNIX/World
| magazine ads.

  Hummm... the price for source with sublicensing (ie. you can sell the
binaries) is $20k, not $25k. However, for the faint of wallet, the
source code for on-site use is $3k. That is not a one machine license, I
really mean site license.

  I think the number is 1-201-522-6900, but my note could be wrong.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)