unix on the ibm pc?

ScoMole #192-1232A jonl at sco.COM
Tue May 17 04:27:43 AEST 1988

+-I seem to recall MLWLG at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writing:

| I have asked been asking around if anybody knows of a unix system for
| for the ibm pc (compatibles...), but the answers were no.
|  1 Does such a system exist?
|  2 Is there a public domain version?
|  3 Who are the software vendors?
|  4 What are the price ranges?

I am running SCO XENIX 2.1.3 on my 4-5 year old IBM PC. It's not unix,
but it's got shared memory and i enjoy it. I don't know list price offhand,
but i doubt it would be too difficult to find out.

                                                                    jon luini
                                        HFV Productions, Inc. "what?? WHAT?!?"
                                did you know braindead isnt in the dictionary?
                        work: jonl at sco.COM             408-425-7222 x5693
                    nest: ucbvax!ucscc!ssyx!niteowl    408-423-2917
				planet: ...ucbvax!ucscc!gorn!falcon
YueyeUYEEUyeEUyeUEyEUyeUEyEUEyEUeyeUeyEUyeEUYUEYuUEYueYeuEYEUeyeUeyEUyeUE