Integrating Apollo into Sun NFS

James E. Conley jec at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Fri May 27 05:21:20 AEST 1988

NFS is available for Apollos from Apollo.  It does have some problems
though.  The major problem we have is that you cannot mount a non-Apollo
NFS partition and expect everything to work as if it were an Apollo disk.
The reason for this (I believe) is problems with file types.  Our major
gripe with this is that we cannot execute programs that are on an NFS
partition on our VAX.

    III			Usenet:     iuvax!jec
UUU  I  UUU		ARPANet:    jec at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
 U   I   U		Phone:      (812) 335-7729
 U   I   U		U.S. Mail:  Indiana University
 U   I   U			    Dept. of Computer Science
  UUUIUUU			    021-E Lindley Hall
     I				    Bloomington, IN. 47405
    III (Home of Bob Knight and the Indiana Hoosiers)