Hamilton Group Announcement

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Tue May 31 01:19:40 AEST 1988

>aforementioned OCO policy); the IBMers who were there would only say
>something to the effect that they were aware of the importance of the
>issue and that they were looking into it.  (If my memory serves me
>rightly here.)

Having heard that phrase from them untold times that is IBMese for
"No" ('We are aware of it and looking into it'). I would imagine you
could find a "How to Talk to Customers" training course internally
which emphasizes this phrase, it's hard to believe that they all come
up with that independantly. The other form is "I'm writing that down
[scratch on mandatory legal pad] and will find out about it for you",
although sometimes that's said with sincerity, it's usually just
a put-off.