BSD books to complement these SysV tomes?

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Mon Aug 28 16:30:48 AEST 1989

I up and bought M. J. Bach's _The Design of the Unix Operating System_
(Prentice-Hall) and _Unix System Administration_ by D. Fiedler and
B. H. Hunter (Hayden)

Bach's book is meaty and apparently as complete as a main concordance.
I have no problems, here, as long as the index pages don't tatter from
inquisitive thumbing.  Except... it states in the preface that it's
not a BSD book, but a SysV book.

The other book, while it seems to do justice to all the trade of the
tricks (including a section on snarfing and installing your very own
Usenet access, albeit referring to groups such as "net.unix" and
"net.news.sa"... :-), only discusses the Sys{III,V} flavors of things,
and also blows off BSD in the first chapter.

So, short of throwing forty-foot-high, flaming, stone letters spelling
"RTFM is all we know" at me, can anyone point me to a BSD-oriented book
that concentrates on the system administration aspects of Unix?

				--Blair
				  "'Unix' is a trademark of AT&T
				   Bell Laboratories, but then,
				   so is 'Princess Phone'. :-)"