Apollo--4.2 BSD DOMAIN/IX

chung at CS.UOREGON.EDU chung at CS.UOREGON.EDU
Tue Aug 22 07:19:36 AEST 1989

Hi, E-buddies:

	Please accept my apology if my question is put in the wrong
group.  Recently, I connected an Apollo workstation (BSD DOMAIN/IX) to
the local area network (Ethernet) at the University of Oregon.  But I
got a problem.  I cannot rlogin the Apollo workstation.  The message
(double underlined) I got back is

% rlogin apollo
rlogind: All network ports in use.
==================================

When I tried telnet, it seemed working but I got another painful
message as soon as logged on:

% telnet apollo
Trying...
Connected to apollo-gateway.
Escape character is '^]'.

4.2 BSD DOMAIN/IX (uo_apollo_1)

login: root
Password:

Welcome to BSD4.2 DOMAIN/IX!
B# ls
acl_protos			patches
Connection closed by foreign host.

I thought it might be that the port that the Apollo tried to use is
occupied by another host, however, I did not find any.  Can anyone tell
me what is wrong with it, or give me some hints?

Thanks in advance.

Wing

Wingkuen Chung
P. O. Box 3120                          | chung at cs.uoregon.edu
Eugene, OR 97403                        | University of Oregon.