rn as a batch process

Charles Packer packer at chrpserv.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Dec 20 02:19:27 AEST 1989

Thanks for the three suggestions (if I'm counting right) posted
here, and one by e-mail.  They all assume the existence of the
news files on my machine.  I have learned that said files are
on another machine, and rn ...it's not clear where rn resides.
In any case, my only access to them outside of rn would be through
anonymous FTP, and only then if I can persuade the system
administrator to move them to the directories accessible via
anonymous FTP.  This is apparently a non-trivial matter--
not just setting protection flags on a directory.