rn as a batch process

packer at chrpuser.gsfc.nasa.gov packer at chrpuser.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 15 14:56:01 AEST 1989

I would like to run "rn" as a batch process to get all the
messages from selected newsgroups into a file or files
so that I can FTP them over to the VAX, a programming
environment in which I am more at home.  I tried a command
procedure (or "script", as they're known here) that simply
invoked rn and then exited with a "q", like this:

	rn

but it bombed with a message "Caught a SIGSEGV--.newsrc restored",
so something's wrong with this approach. Comments?