Procomm Plus, Version 1.1A

Ken Abrams kabra437 at pallas.UUCP
Tue Dec 12 08:09:24 AEST 1989

In article <13462 at s.ms.uky.edu> aaronh at ms.uky.edu (Aaron David Herskowitz) writes:
>Again, I am having problems with vi when I log into my schools sequent
>symetry running dynix.  I am using an IBM PS/2 Model 50-021 with an
>Avatex 2400.  The software I am using is Procomm Plus Version 1.1A,
>with a terminal emulation of a tvi950.  I have a VGA screen (if that
>matters.)
>
>Would it be better for me to use a different terminal emulation?  The
>tvi950 seemed to be the best from what I had to choose from.

Your terminal emulation in Procomm+ should match whatever you are set for
at the host ($TERM); usually vt100 unless someone has tweeked it, however....
I too am using Procomm+ from 2 different brands of PCs going into 3 different
systems where I am set for vt100 and have problems with vi similar to yours
(although not identical).  I am beginning to think that Procomm+ has
rather poor terminal emulation.  I was about to do some testing to see
if any other emulations would work better.  Guess I will skip TVI950.
I was going to try ansi next.

If anyone else has a solution or solid information about terminal emulation
in Procomm+ (as it relates to vi), I too would be interested in hearing
about it.

Ken Abrams  (217-753-7965)