Procomm Plus, Version 1.1A

Aaron David Herskowitz aaronh at ms.uky.edu
Mon Dec 11 05:06:29 AEST 1989

After receiving mail from many of you, I realized that I had forgotten
to post some more needed information about my problem.

Again, I am having problems with vi when I log into my schools sequent
symetry running dynix.  I am using an IBM PS/2 Model 50-021 with an
Avatex 2400.  The software I am using is Procomm Plus Version 1.1A,
with a terminal emulation of a tvi950.  I have a VGA screen (if that
matters.)

Usually, if you try ot go beyond the top or bottom the the file in vi,
or try any other "wierd-stuff" like going past the end or begining of
a line I get things like this:

013042034023

and I am put into insert mode.  This breaks and deletes part of the
line I was working on.

Would it be better for me to use a different terminal emulation?  The
tvi950 seemed to be the best from what I had to choose from.

I also have a problem similar to this when I use less and hit space at
the end of a file.  It "freaks-out" and keeps repeating the same
screen over and over.

Again, any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated so that I might
correct this problem.
--
Aaron Herskowitz   <=========> University of Kentucky: Unix Lab Consultant,
(aaronh at ms.uky.edu)            Student Government Computer Systems Manager