Expansion of the acronym "grep"

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.COM
Sat Jun 10 11:24:10 AEST 1989

> >> I have heard that "grep" stands for "general regular expression parser."
> >I thought it stood for "global regular expression parser".
> >Richard Meesters
>
>      I thought it was "Grab Regular ExPression."

How many of these can people come up with?  Please stop posting
these silly answers, because each is wrong.

     S/tev/e

--
Stephen J. Friedl / V-Systems, Inc. / Santa Ana, CA / +1 714 545 6442
3B2-kind-of-guy   / friedl at vsi.com  / {attmail, uunet, etc}!vsi!friedl

"Friends don't let friends run Xenix" - me