How can I collect and see error messages?

stacym at hpldsla.HP.COM stacym at hpldsla.HP.COM
Fri Jun 9 08:48:39 AEST 1989

Hello,

   Here's a question to anyone listening.........

   I run a program on my machine called FBACKUP within a shell.
   For those who don't know, FBACKUP is a backup utility.
   Anyways, occasionally I receive some error messages from the
   utility.  I would like to be able to see these messages on
   the console as they come out, but I would also like to
   be able to collect these messages within a file.  From
   what I have been able to tell, I can redirect the error output
   to a file by use of 2> filename, but then I can not see the
   error messages on the screen.

   Anyone got any answers???

   Thanks for the time.

   Stacy Martin